Blue Ridge Watershed Coalition
This Coalition know as the Blue Ridge Watershed Coalition is a perpetual not-for-profit organization under the laws of the State of West Virginia with pending 501(c) (3) status. The Coalition’s principal purpose is to monitor, protect, and restore the Chesapeake Bay Watershed within Jefferson County, West Virginia.
The specific objective and purpose of this organization builds upon a common vision formed by members of the communities located on the Blue Ridge of West Virginia and funded by a grant from the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation and the County Commission of Jefferson County West Virginia.
The Blue Ridge Watershed Coalition was formed from the Vision Statement of the Blue Ridge Mountain Communities Area Watershed Plan “Future of the Mountain: A Common Vision for the Jefferson County Blue Ridge Mountain Communities Area.”
The goals of the Coalition are:
- Monitoring, protecting, and restoring water quality in the Blue Ridge watershed of Jefferson County;
- Reducing nutrients and sediment in the Blue Ridge watershed of Jefferson County and ultimately in the Chesapeake Bay;
- Obtaining funds to achieve effective and long-term solutions;
- Educating citizens about the natural environment and how they can have a positive impact on our watershed and ultimately the quality of the Chesapeake Bay;
- Honoring the Common Vision and new concerns of the residents of the Blue Ridge communities of Jefferson County; and
- Preventing the future necessity for public water or sewage systems by preserving and improving the current private water sources, wells, and septic systems along the Blue Ridge of Jefferson County.
The official address of the Blue Ridge Watershed Coalition is P.O. Box 538, Harpers Ferry, West Virginia 25425. The Coalition is physically located and meets at the St. Andrews Mountain Community Center, 58 Mission Road, Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, 25425. Other offices may be located within the geographic area served by the organization as its business and activities may require and as the Board of Trustees may designate.